Pragma is a cyber security consultancy based in Singapore focused on helping organisations secure their themselves from digital risks and drive change by developing pragmatic, agile and personalised security capability. We offer a full spectrum of cyber security services for a broad range of clients spanning from financial institutions, insurance to government agencies.
Due to continuous growth, we are hiring a driven, client focused Identity and Access Management Developer/Analyst to assist our clients and build long term relationships in this area.
About the role
The Identity and Access Management Analyst will be responsible for implementing, extending, developing and supporting Identity Management solutions for our clients in a number of sectors, including Investment Banking and Insurance.
The role will be responsible to work collaboratively with the rest of the security function and independently to execute information security initiatives that meet clients’ expectation.
This will be an ideal opportunity for someone seeking for a challenge and growth in their career.
- Develop workflows and UI customizations in IAM software, based on an internally defined architecture and software development best practices
- Maintain source code, source documentation, and version control
- Code and debug internally developed applications
- Develop plug-in modules to third party software
- Follow and enhance Agile development methodology and processes
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant technical solutions
- Create compelling user interfaces and experiences
- Support responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with vendors to integrate third party software into a corporate computing environment
- Install, configure, and deploy software which may include:
- Configure shared services (web, database, license, etc.)
- Coordinate testing and troubleshooting with domain experts
- Develop scripts to deliver applications
- General support responsibilities include:
- Reviews with application and user support contacts to update application documentation
- Collaborate within a global IT organization to resolve issues
- Coordinate and communicate with team members throughout the software development and support cycles
- Ensure change management procedures are followed
- Assess and mitigate application security exposures
You will be an experienced IAM Analyst with strong problem solving skills and the ability to conceptualise complex requirements and have strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong Java development experience which is defined as 3+ years of enterprise application development
- Minimum of 2-10 years Identity Management experience with expertise in the following areas: Provisioning use case development, role definition, building to meet compliance controls, and IAM governance
- Core knowledge of common identity systems and protocols including: LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos
- SQL Server (ETL, Development in Stored Procedures / Trigger, Working with large amount of data)
- Bean Shell, JBOSS, Tomcat
- Experience with Agile methodology and Version control (MS Team Foundation Server) will be a plus
- Project management experience on small to medium scale application implementations
- Must have strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Customer service focus
- The role requires short to long term consultancy engagements and support, either remote or on-site. Our clients are mainly based in Singapore, but some travelling will be required for specific clients across APAC.
- You may be required to provide out of hours support depending on the project.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
If you think you have the experience and skills required for this role, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate:
- IAM technology (e.g. SailPoint, Oracle, etc) and experience (in number of years)
- Expected/current salary
- Notice period