Pragma is a fast-expanding cyber security consultancy, led by industry veterans, that provides a range of security services to clients mainly in Asia and Europe. We have a client base that spans tiny start-ups to colossal multinationals, and every industry from Finance to Shipping to Sports and Education. We pride ourselves on our egalitarian start up culture, and we believe in hiring the smartest people with the best professional skills and giving them the support they need to grow and develop. Our ultimate goal is to secure our client’s digital future.
We are looking for Security Operations Centre (SOC) analysts to join our global team. We are currently growing our SOC which provides a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) to clients. This is an opportunity to get involved in a dynamic environment and effect real change on people, processes, and technology within Pragma.
The role will involve detecting, responding to, and resolving security incidents within clients networks and digital environments. In particular: detailed analysis of computer logs, reporting on threats, hitting service level agreements (SLAs), and continuously improving services.
Being an agile company working with clients across the world, the role will also often involve collaboration with Pragma’s other teams in areas like cloud security, penetration testing, risk management, incident response and forensics. There will be ample opportunity for you to diversify your skillset across the board with Pragma’s industry veterans at your side!
Pragma is committed to diversity and inclusion and assesses all applicants equally on their merits. We are committed to building a radically different working culture that gives people the chance to build a working life that works for both them and their clients. We fully support remote working.
Day-to-day monitoring, detection, escalation, and incident response for clients
Assisting Pragma’s diverse cybersecurity teams as needed
Completing all tasks in a timely manner
Commitment to self-improvement via self-assessment, manager assessment, and training – threats evolve and so should you
Care in maintaining client confidentiality and Pragma’s own policies and procedures
Triaging security incidents by following a defined escalation path
Implementing/refining logging and monitoring tools
You’ll need good communication skills, a calm voice in a crisis, an ability to efficiently solve new technical problems, and a broad knowledge of computer systems and security. The sense of achievement you’ll get from helping companies secure their digital future is truly rewarding, and we will back that with a decent salary and great long-term opportunities. This role requires a wide mix of practical IT technical experience and communication skills including:
– A broad understanding of information security concepts and technologies
– A broad understanding of Cloud technologies
– Passionate about technology and security
– A quick learner that can absorb, analyse, and actualise information
– Practical experience in IT platforms (Windows, UNIX, Databases, etc)
– Knowledge and experience in communications technologies (VPNs, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS’, IDS’, mobile networks, etc)
– Understanding of SIEM technologies
– Skilled in log analytics with experience in tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic, or InsightIDR.
– Experience in incident response
– Professional spoken and written English
– Security report writing with a focus of breaking down threats to clients
We would expect the successful applicant to also have a mix of some of the following skills and qualifications:
– Relevant certifications in cybersecurity, e.g. CSA, CompTIA, CEH, GIAC, etc.
– A broad technical knowledge of both on-premise and cloud operating models.
– Strong understanding of information security and privacy requirements.
– Great one-on-one communication skills in stressful situations.
– Ability to manage your own work and own time to meet challenging deadlines.
– Ability to work in multiple languages.
– Enjoys solving problems for clients.
– Be able to analyse complex problems and produce simple solutions
– Be able to work collaboratively in a team that spans multiple sites
– Be able to produce clear, well documented code
– Be confident, motivated, and reliable
Work Remotely: Yes
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $3,000.00 – $9,000.00 per month
To apply for this role, send in your CV/Resume to [email protected] with the following information: